SAT II-Biology E/M Subject Test
Taking the SAT Subject Test in either Biology Ecological or Biology Molecular can help you indicate to colleges that you are interested in focusing on science. The Biology Subject Test assesses your understanding of the major concepts of biology typically learned in high school and is an excellent way to showcase your achievements.
|200-800||60||80 (Multiple Choice)|
60 of the 80 questions are common to both Biology E and M, followed by 20 specialized questions for each section.Important:
- Offered in August, October, November, December, May, and June.
- Calculator use not permitted
- Problem solving requires simple numerical calculations
- Measurements are expressed in the metric system
|Skills (for both E and M)||Approximate % of Test|
|Fundamental concepts and knowledge||30%|
- Ability to recall and understand the major concepts of biology and to apply the principles learned to solve specific problems in biology
- Understanding of simple algebraic concepts, including ratios and direct and inverse proportions, and the ability to apply such concepts to solving word problems
- Ability to organize and interpret results obtained by observation and experimentation and to draw conclusions or make inferences from experimental data, including data presented in graphic or tabular form or both
- Familiarity with the metric system of units
- One-year introductory college preparatory course in biology
- One-year course in algebra
- Experience in the laboratory
Topics on the Test
|Content||Approximate % of Test|
|Cellular and molecular biologyCell structure and organization, mitosis, photosynthesis, cellular respiration, enzymes, biosynthesis, biological chemistry||15%||27%|
|EcologyEnergy flow, nutrient cycles, populations, communities, ecosystems, biomes, conservation biology, biodiversity, effects of human intervention||23%||13%|
|GeneticsMeiosis, Mendelian genetics, inheritance patterns, molecular genetics, population genetics||15%||20%|
|Organismal biologyStructure, function, and development of organisms (with emphasis on plants and animals), animal behavior||25%||25%|
|Evolution and diversityOrigin of life, evidence of evolution, patterns of evolution, natural selection, speciation, classification and diversity of organisms||22%||15%|
Download the SAT Subject Tests Student Guide (.pdf/6.3 MB) for more information on the topics.
Source Url: College Board . We are not associated with College Board.
Private Online Tutoring for SAT II-Biology E/M Exam Preparation
It is for everyone who can prefer to study at home or at desired location. Whether you need comprehensive preparation or a boost in a few areas we’ll create a personalized plan that fits into your busy schedule. Face-to-face, personalized tutoring at your home or at another convenient location will help suit you. You set the schedule, and we’ll create your preparation plan for you.
Online Tutoring for SAT II-Biology E/M Exam Preparation
If you have a busy schedule or simply like the personalized attention you get working one-on-one, online private tutoring is right for you. We give one-on-one coaching from our most experienced and sought-after tutors, regardless of your location. For this you need only a computer/laptop and an Internet connection. You will feel a cutting-edge virtual classroom experience which extends beyond the classroom, to make your study process even easier and more efficient. Live online classes are conducted using the most advanced online learning platform in the industry.
Flexible Start Dates and Scheduling
Since our programs are completely customized, our students can start any time. We will put together the right program to take you from your start date to the day of your test, making the best use of time available. Additionally, you will have the freedom to schedule tutoring sessions on your schedule (including nights and weekends). For optimal results, students should plan to study for the SAT II-Biology E/M Exam Preparation for 2-4 months. However, we can design shorter or longer-term programs as well.
Complete Coaching for SAT II-Biology E/M Exam Preparation
- Full course covered for SAT II-Biology E/M Exam Preparation
- Dynamic and Expert Faculties
- Qualified and competent Teachers
- Fully Targeted Exam Based Coaching
- Each Topic to be discussed in Detail
- Detailed Formulas and shortcut tricks
- Worksheet Practice Questions on Each topic
- Revision Tests (5 Mock Tests to be done by student)
Online Tutoring for SAT II-Biology E/M Exam Preparation
AmericaTutors.com’s team is highly experienced and trained to deliver Live Online Tutoring Services across the globe. Our Live Online tutors have also been carefully selected from the highest performing tutors across the country. They have established track records of tutoring students online for the SAT II-Biology E/M Exam Preparation.
Why choose Live Online Tutoring?
- It’s Effective. As effective as face-to-face tuition.
- It’s Convenient. Student can access their tutor and have lessons anywhere.
- It’s Flexible. The time is used according to the students’ needs and wherever the student happens to be – home, school, university, friend’s house, or traveling.
- It’s Simple. All you need is a broadband connection and a webcam (ideal).
- It’s Safe and time-saving
- It’s Fun. Many young people prefer to live online tuition (to Face-to-Face) due to their life-long familiarity with computers.
HOW IT WORKS
Find your perfect SAT II-Biology E/M Exam Preparation Tutor in 3 easy steps
Step 1: Send us Tutor Request Form
To help us begin crafting your path to SAT II-Biology E/M Exam success, let us know the details of your tuition request. If you’d like to have a consultation, one of our academic consultants will happily speak to you free of charge to craft you a specialised tuition plan.
Step 2: Get Matched with a Tutor
We will pair you with the best qualified tutor for your needs, based on the details from Step 1. We’ll always send you details of the tutor’s qualifications and experience before you proceed to make sure you’re happy with their background.
Step 3: Start Your Tuition
We then match you with your tutor and you can get going with your lessons, scheduled at a time convenient for you.From your very first session, you and your teacher will hit the ground running. You’re going to build a study plan together and start discussing your most pressing concerns.
Mode of Study:
- One-on-One Online lesson on Skype
- One-on-One Home Tuition (Selected areas only)
- SAT II-Biology E/M Exam Preparation: 30-70hrs
Course Fee: Check Fee Structure
Want to Join, Contact Us:
T: +91 99996 40006(Whatsapp/Call)