SAT II -Chemistry Subject Test
|200-800||60||85 (Multiple Choice)|
- Offered in August, October, November, December, May, and June.
- Calculator use not permitted
- Problem solving requires simple numerical calculations
- Measurements are expressed in the metric system
- A periodic table is provided on the test
|Skills||Approximate % of Test|
|Fundamental concepts and knowledge||20%|
|Application of knowledge||45%|
|Synthesis of knowledge||35%|
- Understanding of the major concepts of chemistry and the ability to apply principles to solve specific problems
- Ability to organize and interpret results from observation and experimentation, and to draw conclusions or make inferences from experimental data, including data presented in graphic or tabular form or both
- Laboratory experience and familiarity with the metric system of units
- Ability to handle simple algebraic relationships and apply these to solving word problems
- Familiarity with the concepts of ratio and direct and inverse proportions, exponents and scientific notations
- One-year introductory college-preparatory course in chemistry
- One-year course in algebra
- Experience in the laboratory
Topics on the Test
|Content||Approximate % of Test|
|Structure of matterAtomic Structure, including experimental evidence of atomic structure, quantum numbers and energy levels (orbitals), electron configurations, periodic trendsMolecular Structure, including Lewis structures, three-dimensional molecular shapes, polarityBonding, including ionic, covalent, and metallic bonds, relationships of bonding to properties and structures; intermolecular forces such as hydrogen bonding, dipole-dipole forces, dispersion (London) forces||25%|
|States of matterGases, including the kinetic molecular theory, gas law relationships, molar volumes, density, and stoichiometryLiquids and Solids, including intermolecular forces in liquids and solids, types of solids, phase changes, and phase diagramsSolutions, including molarity and percent by mass concentrations, solution preparation and stoichiometry, factors affecting solubility of solids, liquids, and gases, qualitative aspects of colligative properties||16%|
|Reaction typesAcids and Bases, including Brønsted-Lowry theory, strong and weak acids and bases, pH, titrations, indicatorsOxidation-Reduction, including recognition of oxidation-reduction reactions, combustion, oxidation numbers, use of activity seriesPrecipitation, including basic solubility rules||14%|
|StoichiometryMole Concept, including molar mass, Avogadro’s number, empirical and molecular formulasChemical Equations, including the balancing of equations, stoichiometric calculations, percent yield, and limiting reactants||14%|
|Equilibrium and reaction ratesEquilibrium Systems, including factors affecting position of equilibrium (LeChâtelier’s principle) in gaseous and aqueous systems, equilibrium constants, and equilibrium expressionsRates of Reactions, including factors affecting reaction rates, potential energy diagrams, activation energies||5%|
|ThermochemistryIncluding conservation of energy, calorimetry and specific heats, enthalpy (heat) changes associated with phase changes and chemical reactions, heating and cooling curves, entropy||6%|
|Descriptive chemistryIncluding common elements, nomenclature of ions and compounds, periodic trends in chemical and physical properties of the elements, reactivity of elements and prediction of products of chemical reactions, examples of simple organic compounds and compounds of environmental concern||12%|
|LaboratoryIncluding knowledge of laboratory equipment, measurements, procedures, observations, safety, calculations, data analysis, interpretation of graphical data, drawing conclusions from observations and data||8%|
Download the SAT Subject Tests Student Guide (.pdf/6.3 MB) for more information on the topics.
Source Url: College Board. We are not associated with College Board.
Private Online Tutoring for SAT II Chemistry Exam Prep
It is for everyone who can prefer to study at home or at desired location. Whether you need comprehensive preparation or a boost in a few areas we’ll create a personalized plan that fits into your busy schedule. Face-to-face, personalized tutoring at your home or at another convenient location will help suit you. You set the schedule, and we’ll create your preparation plan for you.
Online Tutoring for SAT II Chemistry Exam Preparation
If you have a busy schedule or simply like the personalized attention you get working one-on-one, online private tutoring is right for you. We give one-on-one coaching from our most experienced and sought-after tutors, regardless of your location. For this you need only a computer/laptop and an Internet connection. You will feel a cutting-edge virtual classroom experience which extends beyond the classroom, to make your study process even easier and more efficient. Live online classes are conducted using the most advanced online learning platform in the industry.
Flexible Start Dates and Scheduling
Since our programs are completely customized, our students can start any time. We will put together the right program to take you from your start date to the day of your test, making the best use of time available. Additionally, you will have the freedom to schedule tutoring sessions on your schedule (including nights and weekends). For optimal results, students should plan to study for the SAT II Chemistry Exam Preparation for 2-4 months. However, we can design shorter or longer-term programs as well.
Complete Coaching for SAT II Chemistry Exam Prep
- Full course covered for SAT II Chemistry Exam Preparation
- Dynamic and Expert Faculties
- Qualified and competent Teachers
- Fully Targeted Exam Based Coaching
- Each Topic to be discussed in Detail
- Detailed Formulas and shortcut tricks
- Worksheet Practice Questions on Each topic
- Revision Tests (5 Mock Tests to be done by student)
Online Tutoring for SAT II Chemistry Exam Preparation
AmericaTutors.com’s team is highly experienced and trained to deliver Live Online Tutoring Services across the globe. Our Live Online tutors have also been carefully selected from the highest performing tutors across the country. They have established track records of tutoring students online for the SAT II Chemistry Exam Preparation.
Why choose Live Online Tutoring?
- It’s Effective. As effective as face-to-face tuition.
- It’s Convenient. Student can access their tutor and have lessons anywhere.
- It’s Flexible. The time is used according to the students’ needs and wherever the student happens to be – home, school, university, friend’s house, or traveling.
- It’s Simple. All you need is a broadband connection and a webcam (ideal).
- It’s Safe and time-saving
- It’s Fun. Many young people prefer to live online tuition (to Face-to-Face) due to their life-long familiarity with computers.
HOW IT WORKS
Find your perfect SAT II Chemistry Exam Preparation Tutor in 3 easy steps
Step 1: Send us Tutor Request Form
To help us begin crafting your path to SAT II Chemistry Exam success, let us know the details of your tuition request. If you’d like to have a consultation, one of our academic consultants will happily speak to you free of charge to craft you a specialised tuition plan.
Step 2: Get Matched with a Tutor
We will pair you with the best qualified tutor for your needs, based on the details from Step 1. We’ll always send you details of the tutor’s qualifications and experience before you proceed to make sure you’re happy with their background.
Step 3: Start Your Tuition
We then match you with your tutor and you can get going with your lessons, scheduled at a time convenient for you.From your very first session, you and your teacher will hit the ground running. You’re going to build a study plan together and start discussing your most pressing concerns.
Mode of Study:
- One-on-One Online lesson on Skype
- One-on-One Home Tuition (Selected areas only)
- SAT II Chemistry Exam Preparation: 30-50hrs
Course Fee: Check Fee Structure
Want to Join, Contact Us:
T: +91 99996 40006(Whatsapp/Call)